Wednesday, September 6, 2017

THD Challenge 16


Time for a new challenge at The Heart Desires and ever so perfect for the season. Don't know about you but I am SO ready for fall, my favorite time of year!

I smooshed some Distress Oxides and Inks to create the changing colors of the leaf.  I could have easily used Brushos. Next time! I cut the leaf out of both kraft and the smooshed panel then pieced it all together. Of course, the cat got to part of the little bits so using the rest for a second leaf didn't go as planned. Instead I used a vibrant apple green impressed with the die. I don't know why my camera doesn't like that color. It's much more like the color in the inspiration pic. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Vintage Sepia. I love using that color, especially in Autumn!


The Details:  Neat and Tangled Maple Thanks and coordinating dieVersaFine Vintage Sepia, Distress Oxide Candy Apple, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade, Distress Ink Squeezed LemonadeCandied Apple, Wilted Violet

2 comments:

  1. Love the smooshed inks...gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I love the window of color in your gorgeous leaves!
    take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!