Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Beach Bum Magic Slider


I have had my eye on this set for ages and ages then learned that one of my friends had it. Woo hoo! And now I've had it for months while my friend has patiently waited for me to get off my bum and work up this card. LOL.

I tossed around a couple of ideas on how to make this magic slider then decided after experimenting that acetate would work best for the top layer so I wouldn't need to make two backgrounds. So I stamped and masked Santa on the base scene then colored him up half-naked after sponging the background. I colored and fussy cut out a second one which I mounted on acetate. I raised the scalloped border up on foam tape to make sure that the top Santa wouldn't catch when sliding. Worked a treat. I added the tiny snowflake to help with gripping the panel; it also draws attention to the tab. I love how this turned out!




I'm entering this in Tuesday Throwdown #338 Something Clear, Merry Monday #243 Create a Scene, Shopping Our Stash #298 Punches/Dies, Addicted to Stamps and More #237 Make Your Mark

The Details:  MFT Jingle All the Way and Toasty Greetings (sentiment), Gina Marie Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Dies, Lawn Fawn banner die, Distress Ink Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass, Copics, Sookwang (Scor) tape, Versamark, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder, Waltzing Mouse Scalloped Stitched Rectangle die

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Love your card. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! this made me giggle so much! awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this first on your FB post and it still makes me smile!
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love the surprise. Beautiful card and fun scene! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!