Friday, September 30, 2016

Jump!



I'm jumping for joy with how this card turned out!  She looks cute but then there's a weird dingly dangly tab sticking out of the top of the card--what's up with that?  Why, you can make her jump!!!!


I started out by sponging the background using Distress Inks and a couple of acetate masks I had made with Lawn Fawn and Mama Elephant dies.  Once I established the layout, I diecut the slot and built up the foam channel on the back.  Next I colored the leaves and girl, paper-piecing her hat and scarf with leftover Lawn Fawn fall plaid paper.


I added the pull tab as an afterthought because it wasn't easy to make her jump by grabbing onto her poor hat.  It's no problem with the tab and easy peasy to cut away the excess foam.  Notice the little stoppers about midway up?  That's to prevent her from jumping above the sentiment. Ignore the stamping and sponging you see.  I was repurposing paper.

I'm entering this in Coffee Lovers Fall Blog Hop, Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes, Mod Squad Falling Leaves, AAA #74 Masking

The Details:  Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 paper, Slide On Over dies (coming soon to the store!), and mask created from Grassy Bordner die, Ranger Round Ink Applicator and Multi Medium Matte, Distress Ink Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, mask created from Mama Elephant Cloud Border die, Waltzing Mouse Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die, MFT Pure Innocence Jump for Joy, and Spin and Slide Disks, Sakura white pigment pen


18 comments:

  1. This is so fun and pretty & awesome, too. I want to try this one of these days ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. I love the motion. The sentiment is perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just simply awesome! I love interactive cards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Love the slider and the wonderful paper pieced plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect stamp for that pull tag. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!!! Such adorable card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so adorable!! Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun design and thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  9. you KNOW how much I love this fantastic card.
    #madforplaid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this slider card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toni, this card is AMAZING!! LOVE everything about it!
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!