Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fair Isle Panel

 
I've got a bit of a theme going with all the knitting-related goodies, don't I?  'Tis the season!

The Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil (love!) reminded me of a toddler sweater I had knit a few years back in the traditional method (steeking, e.g.).  The pattern of the main body is called lice (best not to think too hard about it) so I used a Swiss dots embossing folder to mimic that in the card.  I sponged the stencil using Distress Ink in ombre fashion and mounted the panel on a couple layers of re-purposed stamp packaging.  I stamped the sentiment prior to embossing, of course (don't ask me how many times on how many cards I've forgotten to do that!).

Note:  Please please please ignore the horrible sweater pic from back in the day.  I learned a valuable lesson with this sweater; it was supposed to be a red and white sweater but when I hand-dyed the red yarn I didn't rinse it sufficiently.  Even my beloved Synthrapol didn't help.  Oops!  Girlie sweater it is!

The Details:  Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, Recollections white 110 lb cardstock, Hero Arts CL722 sentiment, Memento Tuxedo Black, Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, Distress Ink Festive Berries

I'm entering this in Virginia's View #10 All Things Distressed, Cardz 4 Guyz #47 Fav Xmas Color Combo (red/white), Simon Says Anything Goes  

Update:  entering this in Addicted to CAS #53 Dots as well


15 comments:

  1. How super yule cool, a super Scandanvian effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope to see you visit us again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stencil and how you used it! Perfectly inspired card, Toni! You did an awesome job with the Distress Inks with this stencil! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how much I love red and white, so this is gorgeous to me!!! I saw the dots in the embossing and wanted to tell you that you could link this to Addicted to CAS as their theme is 'dots' if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a stencil? Wow looks great Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cozy card - great use of the stencil and embossing folder! I would not know where to start with knitting a jumper.....you are obviously multi talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fair isle card its so traditional for Christmas.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful CAS card, so fresh! LOVE the gradation in the background, fabulous blending! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the heck...you knit that sweater? Holy smokes woman.
    Your card is awesome...that stencil is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ove the sweater! And great inspiration for your card, love the design and great to see you at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red and white (card and sweater!!). Such a fabulous stencil and looks amazing in these colours. The dotty background is perfect! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it...I want that stencil too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really great, Nordic style card and I love the embossing too.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Your embossing and sentiment fit your stenciled image perfectly. So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another gorgeous card, Toni. You captured the feel of the jersey so beautifully. So glad you joined us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!