Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


Now that the sun comes up so late, I'm able to watch the sunrise.  Even if I can just catch a glimpse of the sun under the cloud cover before a dreary day, I am set.  Yesterday was exceptional because the sun stayed out all day.  Looks like that's going to be true today too.  Yay!

For this one layer card I created a mask using the Seattle skyline die from Savvy Stamps.  I then sponged the sunrise around the skyline and the black of the reflected city in the water.  Lastly I stamped and embossed the sentiment.

The Details:  Savvy Stamps Seattle Skyline die, Impress sentiment, Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, & Danube Blue, Hero Arts Passion Flower, VersaMark, Recollections Detail Fine silver embossing powder and 110 lb white cardstock

I'm entering this in CAS(E) This Sketch #104 and Simon Wednesday Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. That's really cool! It really feels like a sunrise over the city. I like your take on the sketch, too. You're so inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly beautiful one-layer card, Toni! I just love your Seattle skyline and that brilliant sponged sunrise sky!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun Toni! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Such a wonderful design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how you rotated the sketch! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!