Sunday, November 30, 2014

Faux Knitted Card

I played with my new Taylored Expressions Sweater Weather die this evening.  I drew inspiration from socks I had knit for my older sister a few years ago using a yarn that was variegated so even though I only used it and white, the variegation had a lot of value-add to the pattern.  For you knitters, this pattern is a variation of Mamluke in Folk Socks (I changed up the heel for durability).
To mimic the socks, I did a watercolor wash using shades of teal and green.  (I love this combo and must remember it for the future.)  I used the die with a metal shim while the paper was still slightly wet; it cut very cleanly.  I based the card on Freshly Made Sketches #119 after I did a search for a sketch with a skewed panel; I went quite literal with the star featured on the sketch.  I like silver with the green and teal so used that on the stars and embossed sentiment.  Rather unconventional holiday card but, hey, so am I (unconventional, that is).  :-)


The Details:  Taylored Expressions Sweater Weather die, Artist's Loft watercolor paper, Recollections 110 lb white cardstock and silver detail embossing powder, PTI Hawaiian Shores (I think) cardstock, Momenta star die, Fiskars All That Glitters sentiment, Elmer's spray adhesive, Scotch foam tape, Paper Studio vellum, Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, Glossy Accents, Distress Ink Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn, Versamark

I'm entering this is Addicted to Stamps & More! #123 Holiday, Addicted to CAS #53 Dots, TIME OUT #19 Embossing with Optional Twist of SparkleTry it on Tuesdays Christmas is Coming, Inkspirational #70 Christmas with a Twist, Fab 'n' Funky #239 Diecuts

13 comments:

  1. Toni, that die is awesome and I love the watercolor wash you've used on it! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great watercolour background Toni and I love that cover die! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing die Toni ... and made even more amazing with the gorgeous colour combo of your watercolour wash. Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so original Toni and I love it! The water colour wash is just the perfect colour for the knitted look and the vellum strip is inspired, thanks for joining us at ATSM, ATCAS, INK and Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater die is fantastic and I love what you've done with it! Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic use of that lovely die....love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing blend of colours you achieved! Great holiday card! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Christmas is Coming' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and you knit....wow. that's awesome.
    Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your modern design and fantastic die. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Toni! It is one of my favourite colour combos and a great die :) Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card! Great work on that die cut pattern. Your color looks so vivid against the white. Thanks for sharing with us again at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love how you were inspired. The inking is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You captured the feel of the socks beautifully and I love the die! Fabulous inking technique. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!