Sunday, September 21, 2014

You Stink

I've had this skunk-sentiment pairing in my head for a long time.  It's so snarky and so me.

Note:  I have issues with the color of the woodgrain cardstock.   I admit it. It has a pinkish tinge and I just didn't like the contrast of any other white cardstock with it so for the smooth(ish) cardstock of the tag, sentiment and cloud, I used the reverse side of the woodgrain.  Problem solved.

First, I diecut the grass from a sponged background experiment.  Then I cut out a tag and stamped the skunk.  I next colored the clear sequin centers yellow with an alcohol marker and added the flowers to the tag.  I doodled the stems and adhered the grass.  I stamped the sentiment and then diecut it out.  I diecut the cloud border then diecut a cloud to cover up the tag hole.  Yes, I'm a tag hole hater too. LOL.

The Details:  Lil' Inker Read Between the Lines sentiment, Hero Arts C1261 stamp, PTI cloud die and cardstock base, Ellen Hutson woodgrain cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black, Memory Box cloud border die, Impress sequins, Spectrum Noir CT4, Sakura Pigma Micron 01 pen, Scotch foam tape, Glossy Accents as glue

I'm entering this in CASology #113 Grass, Simon Says Wednesday Tag it, Addicted to CAS #48 Cuddly

8 comments:

  1. Hola Toni, beautiful card, i like your fresh design, white and pale blue, your flowers are the perfect touch of colour.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grass card is adorable Toni...I love all the white here...wish you a winner there at CASology challenge...Lovely CAS card Toni..how are you....send best regards from the same team at HOC...see you maybe on my Blog Toni..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni, this is so funny! I love how the grass and sky are the main sources of color...a great card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the tag to ground this images and elements! BEAUTIFULLY done, Toni! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Tag It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun Toni! Love the woodgrain, skunk and the sentiment so fun!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! That sentiment is perfect with that skunk - I may just have to CASE this! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE that Lil' Inker stamp set. So clever and funny! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute sentiment to go with the skunk! ;) Thanks so much for linking up with Addicted to CAS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!