Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thank You from Seattle

While my nephew was here a couple of weeks ago I suggested we start his Pacific Northwest sightseeing by going to Impress, a local stamp shop.   Personally that would be the start of my dream vacation!   LOL.   He was a good sport and helped me find a Space Needle stamp (among so many other things!).

Here I stamped the image in a bright yellow.  The shadow was created by stamping off first then stamping the image at an extreme angle.  The sentiment nicely conceals that the posts don't quite line up at the bottom and gives the SN something to rest upon.

The Details:  Impress Merry Christmas from Seattle stamp, Memento Dandelion, Tuxedo Black and London Fog, PTI white cardstock, WPlus9 Fanciful Feathers sentiment

I'm entering this in Daring Cardmakers CAS, CAS on Sunday B/W and one color, CASology #111 Under, Loves Rubberstamps Anything Goes, Stampin' Royalty #244 B/W with a pop of color 

16 comments:

  1. A shadow!!! Now THIS is a unique interpretation for this week's cue word! LOVE it! :) This is perfectly CAS!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool way to make a shadow, but now that I see it, I wonder why I did not think of it before. You have one chill nephew, and I love your space needle card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific, Toni! I think your shadow is inspired, not to mention how you cleverly used the sediment to both conceal and ground!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning how great is that shadow? Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shadow is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so great! Love the image and the great design. it's so fun to get the perfect stamp and he was a trooper, lol. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing shadow! Great take on our cue this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever take on the cue word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased with this card - I have stood under the Space Needle and felt that awesomeness!! Love the shadow of it and this card is just so CAS and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shadow is so clever! I was in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. The Space Needle is so "Seattle." So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER clever, LOVE this.....Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your lovely CAS crafting with us at CASology for the 'under' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is really beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this card! I can't wait to some day get back to our home in Seattle and get these stamps! I love the way you did the shadow, so incredibly unique and fun!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clean and simple and awesome. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!