Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Golden Wings

The Fusion/CASe This Sketch challenge this week really caught my eye.  Loosely following the sketch I chose to pull in the gold, swirl on the votive, and gold-rimmed clear plate from the inspiration photo.

First I used painter's tape to create the gold band on the transparency film, stamping the edge in Versamark and heating embossing in gold.  I did the butterflies and sentiment similarly.  I really like the resulting texture of the gold.  It looks hammered, doesn't it?

I cut out the butterfly die in gold mirror board and the backing butterfly in white vellum so that the wings would really be showcased.  I mounted all that on a folded cardstock base where I had dry embossed a swirly design.

I wish my photo could capture the shine of the transparency film better; at least you can see the transparency film at the edges.  It's a very cool effect.

The Details:  PTI white cardstock, copier transparency film, gold embossing powder, Versamark, Memory Box butterfly dies, Paper Studio embossing folder, Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs stamp, My Favorite Things Contempo Cage sentiment, blue painter's tape

I'm entering this in Fusion, CAS(E) This Sketch #81, Addicted to Stamps & More #101 Anything Goes



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card ... I really love your implied banner with all of those butterflies! They fit the sentiment well : ) Thanks for playing with Fusion and CAS(e) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so so very pretty, I love the butterfly trail as a banner :) and that embossing adds so much to the elegance of ur design :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! So elegant. I do like the pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a unique take on the sketch! Your butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!