Monday, February 3, 2014

Peaceful Sunset

I saw a tutorial--I want to say on SCS but not sure--about the creation of a sunset lake scene.  Since we went to Deception Pass a couple of weekend's ago on one of our rare sunny winter days, I was keen to capture that on paper.  I cannot tell you how many times I attempted to replicate it.  A dozen maybe.  I finally figured out that I needed to go much lighter on my sponging.  Less mash, more brush and swirl. Ding, ding, ding.  After that my head picture became a card picture!

The Details:  Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Danube Blue; Hero Arts Shadow Ink Passion Flower, Soft Sky; PTI kraft cardstock, Pop Tone Black Licorice cardstock, Sheena Sheltering Tree, Crafty Individuals CI-209 (birds), Stampin' Up pine trees, TPC Studio Playful Expressions sentiment, post-it notes

I'm entering this in Crafting by Designs Think Warm Thoughts, Alphabet Challenge Blog Z for Zesty Colours, Totally Gorjuss #221 Sunny Colors, Sweet Sunday Sketch #205, CAS-ual Fridays CFC127 Over the Edge, Crafty Cardmakers and More #109 Man's World 

Update:  I found the tutorial I checked out when making this card. Check it out!

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous scene! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Wonderful job sponging. I'm so glad the tutorial was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scene you have created, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love that beautiful scene!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning. I can almost feel the warmth of that sinking sun on my back. The effort you went to was more than worth it... GORGEOUS

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and the sunset is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your perseverance paid off. Such a beautiful card - we could really do with some of that sun at the moment. Thanks for joning in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning - definitely worth the effort!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your head picture turned card picture! Way to stick with it until it behaved how you wanted it to : ) It's just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful, you did a great job. Wonderful depth and colour. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More - Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!