Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bee Grateful

Some recent card challenges have really got me contemplating all sorts of things.  It's not always easy to take a moment and live in the now and be grateful for where and who I am.  I hope in 2014 I'll be able to take a breath during my busier moments and remember how grateful I am for all that life has brought and will bring.

As far as the card goes, I cut out the PTI hexagon die and used the result as a stencil to sponge on the yellow ink. A bee and a word later, I had another thank you card to replenish my stash.  I did consider turning this into an encouragement card with the word "calm" (I love the sound of a buzzing bees) but I didn't like the font. LOL.

You should expect more cards in the future with my fun new PTI goodies I got over the holidays.  Look out, Valentines!

The Details:  PTI white card stock, hexagon die, and word from a Happy Hearts sentiment; Memento Dandelion and Tuxedo Black, Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs bee

I'm entering this in CAS-ual Fridays CFC125 In a Word, One Layer Simplicity Challenge #1 Restocking the Shelves, CAS(E) this Sketch! #58, and Simon Wednesday Challenge Something New.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite cards for the CAS friday challenge. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS card, Toni! The little bee makes the card pop! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulously CAS! I love the sponged/mask look, it really softens the edges which puts me in mind of the fuzzy bees :) this is a lovely bee image too - another wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just learning stencils - and this one looks amazing. Love how you tied the honeycomb with the bitty bee and the bright yellow color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stamper can never have too many fonts...or alphabet stamps to make whatever word we need! What a fun card, so clever to use the die cut as a mask. And I love how happy the color is! Thanks for playing the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the background! great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really love this card. The beautiful yellow inking in the hexagon die is fantastic. I love the sentiment and the bee...so serene! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this card is one I had to zoom in to get a closer look at how you did the honeycomb part. that stamp is a perfect compliment to the background too! thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!