Friday, August 26, 2016

Fairies Are Real


Super busy this week so my crafting time has been especially precious to me these last few evenings.  I finished up the fairy card--not sure it's quite done but good enough for public viewing.  :)

I used alcohol inks on acetate and diecut the frame from that.  I wanted dreamy translucence and shine.  Check.  Next I used Distress Inks on the background and spattered with water AND Peerless gold.  Love how that turned out.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine before the Peerless and I had to go back and use a Copic Multiliner to fix the ampersand which had gotten a bit covered up by gold.  I used the Scan n Cut to cut out the fairies.  Was really excited to find it had no problems cutting out something embossed in gold.  Cool.  Isn't my little fairy so sweet?  Damn Disney and Tinker Bell for making all fairies be blonde in my head! 


I'm entering this in SIP #62 Sketch, Little Miss Muffet #145 Anything Goes, Colour Q #356


The Details:  Ranger Watercolor Paper, Multi Medium Matte, and Gold Embossing Powder, Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die, Zig Detail Water Brush, Hero Arts August 2016 Fairies Kit, Peerless Transparent Metallic Gold, Copics, Adirondack alcohol inks, acetate, Distress Ink Evergreen Bough, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Versamark

6 comments:

  1. Toni this is gorgeous! The fairies are so sweet and the background is amazing! So glad you joined us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a PRETTY card!! I like your design and background. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Toni! Love this fairy image! Thank you for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, soft card, Toni! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project! I love the background and colors. Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps this week!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercoloring! Love the mystical woods die! Thanks for joiningh us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!