Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nauti-cool!

I saw the Fusion challenge this afternoon and had to join in!  Such a fun pic and very much in keeping with my current nautical obsession.

I diecut then embossed the background with the cutest Carta Bella embossing folder.  I love the size of these folders which are a bit bigger than normal so there's no plain space on the sides. I then diecut the sailboat out of Fancy Pants Making Waves paper then colored the red stripes with a Copic to make them a brighter red.  The sentiment strip came next mounted on foam tape.  I made the stars by die-cutting balsa wood.  They're somewhat delicate but super light so great for posting.

The Details:  Carta Bella Anchors embossing folder, Memory Box sailboat and waves dies, and white cardstock base, Simon Says stitched rectangle and stars dies, Hero Arts Pool shadow ink, PTI aqua mist cardstock, Bazzill fig cardstock, balsa wood, Copic R24, Avery Elle Knotty sentiment

I'm entering this in Fusion and Addicted to Stamps and More #194 CAS

Edited to add:  also entering in the Male Room #35 Transportation


7 comments:

  1. I love this...perfect for the Fusion challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and bold, Toni. I love the stripes and the embossed bg. That sentiment is a riot! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,Toni...LOVE your embossed navy blue BG and striped boat is perfect touch...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...Željka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, ADD this to the MALE Room, perfection!!!! TOTALLY Nauticool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! So much dimension and beautiful deep colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous - love the colours and all the texture! The sail boat is just super! Sorry I'm so late commenting, but thanks for playing along with our Transport theme at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!