Sunday, May 1, 2016

House of Cards May Challenge

 
Why hello!  Time for a fab new House of Cards challenge!  We're asking you to use either vellum or acetate in your makes.  So fun!

For my card I went with a flat shaker.  I cut out 2 rectangular pieces of acetate then stitched them on 3 sides.  I then added the glitter to the resulting pouch and sewed up the remaining side.  I prefer stitching over glue--less messy--but that would have worked too.  The shaker allows the glitter to move but also keeps some in place like little bubbles.  Cute!

For the oval and coral I used a branch die on its side.  I had seen the die this way at the shop and hadn't realized it was a branch until I read the package when I got home.  LOL.  I glued the shaker to the front of the card then mounted that on blue card.  After the fact I thought of adding in some waves.  Next time!

The Details:  Memory Box Graceful Branch Oval die, Paper Smooches Surf and Turf, Bazzill Ocean Breeze cardstock, Recollections 110lb white cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic YG01, 05, 07, 09, Y02, BG02, 05, 07, 10, YR04, 07

I'm entering this in AAA #63 CAS shaker 

28 comments:

  1. Cute shaker card! Cute little fishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Toni! Love the brightly colored fish & seahorse and your use of the branch die! I wouldn't have thought to use it that way!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Toni! You always knock it out of the park! Colorful and fun and gorgeous!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute - love the darling seahorse, and liked your hint on sewing the pieces together. What a fun challenge this month. Shirley H. team mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scene Toni, and great idea sewing the acetate together! What a great finale to our clear paper cards!! Donna HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Toni! I love it. :) I like the stitching idea. Nice! I wonder if my daughter will lend me her machine to try that? ;) Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!! Great design Toni! Love your glitter pouch ... makes a fantastic background for your fishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Toni, love that coral/branch. Works perfectly as does the glitter and those fish. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, great coloring, great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, great coloring, great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tony,
    Wow, a revelation. Super cool colors and composition of the card!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! I just love that you turned that branch die in to coral! What a great idea. The sewing is also a great idea. I like methods for shaker cards that keep the filling in place. Great coloring. All around wonderful card. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toni, it's so cute! Love it.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo cute. The images are coloured so prettily. Love it :)

    - Aimless Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is super cute!! Love the little fish and glitter in the shaker! :) Hugs! Katy--HOC DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww this is super cute and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the glitter and the funny little sea dwellers and I had absolutely not noticed, that this coral is actually a branch! - What a great idea to have used it as well!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Toni, this totally rocks! I LOVE the fun colors you used--they really POP with all that white! Beautiful shaker filling, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my gracious! This is just as cute as can be! Totally in love with those colorful fish, and your glittery ocean couldn't be any more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw this over at AAA Cards and it totally jumped out at me. Adorable shaker, gorgeous coloring and the tree branch coral is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute little shaker card!
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, Toni - love the little cute critters! Jo x HOC/DT Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply awesome card. even the way you ran the colorful sentiment strip through the die cut window! Heather HOC teammie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sooo Cute! I love it card... Thanks for sharing with us..Enjoy. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute fish card.
    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!