Friday, January 8, 2016

A proFUSION of flowers



O.M.G.  I may have to change my tune about Zigs.  In our local crafting group we were talking about our most regretted purchase of 2015 and I mentioned Zigs (although to be fair, the horrible Reeves guache won out).  I know--blasphemy!  Now it's not that I don't like them, I just hadn't used them as much as I thought I would.  Well, it never occurred to me to use them to paint rubber, mist and then stamp.  Duh, right?  I don't have any other water-based markers so I used these.  Wow, wow, wow.  I love the brightness and how well it worked.  AND, this stamp just arrived this past Wednesday AND AND was on clearance AND AND AND I bought local.  Now where are those Chilean avocados I just bought?

The Details:  Avery Elle You die and So Happy sentiment, Hero Arts Leaves and Flowers background stamp, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Recollections black and white 110lb cardstock, VersaFine Onyx Black, Paper Source Sunshine cardstock, Zigs

I was inspired by Fusion, Penny Black and More One for the Girls, and Simon Says Something New

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous. now I want the Zigs. Thanks. ARGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing at your comments, and your bright card is a day lifter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you managed to think outside your prejudice against those poor helpless Zigs and discover how much you love them!!! New Year New Creativity

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous background you created with your stamps and Zigs! (I haven't used mine much either!) love the bright colors and that wonderful black sentiment - it really pops off the colors! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion 2nd anniversary challenge Toni! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a bonus that you found a new love for an unloved product! :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty floral card Toni.

    Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may not used Zig markers often, but you sure use them fabulously here! Gorgeous stamping, Toni! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Toni, this is so beautiful. Amazing stamping and I love the richness of the colors. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally bold and beautiful! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally bold and beautiful! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Toni! Glad you gave your Zigs another try. It's the bold and bright colours that are second to none with other markers. I can see you using them a lot in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a refreshing card, Toni! The sentiment goes perfectly with the bright colors of the background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous flowery card, gorgeous colours, love my zigs.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is sooo pretty, bright and cheery and i love the big bold you sentiment! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zigs, huh? I have turned a blind eye and deaf ear to those...but you have used them beautifully! I love the combination of colors and the brightness of the colors you have used!! Thank you for helping us celebrate Fusion Card Challenge's two-year anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job with the Zigs! Love those bright, cheerful flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey pretty lady! This sure is a stunning card! LOVE, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!