Friday, November 14, 2014

Blast from the Past

 
Amy Tsuruta is celebrating 7 years of card blogging and is asking folks to submit cards from their first year of blogging.

I didn't start this blog until September last year which doesn't seem old enough so I dug way deeper and found some old cards of mine which I actually don't hate.  Old as in 2003ish.  Don't hate as in things I would tweak (a lot in some cases) but things I still love (stamped vellum over a stamped panel).

As you can see, a decade ago brads were the shizzle (oh, yes, I just wrote that).  And mulberry paper.  I still have a wad of it because I'm sure it'll come back into vogue just as my ripped jeans did.  ;-)   Oh my gosh, look at the deckled edges of the sheep.  Ha!  I just checked and I still have those scissors.  Funny how we hang onto things.

Update 17 Nov 2014:  Thanks to Karren who recognized the first cards were made with Stampin' Up Botanicals.  We both still love that set.  I believe the farm cards were SU too except for the background of the sheep card.  I still have that one which is Hero Arts (??).


3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm fairly new to card making and still learning what's in and what's not, so it's fun to see this! It's funny how brads were a thing at one time and now it's sequins! But the vellum is in right?... Well these might be old cards but they're lovely all the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Toni! Isn't it funny how crafting stuff comes back around, as fashion does? As you will quickly realize when you come over, I have a ton of stuff, just for this reason..LOL. 2003'ish is old! My earliest SCS gallery pics are 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy my very first SU set and still my favorite - Botanicals! And yes, I remember mulberry paper very well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!