Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Look! Up in the Sky, It's a . . . Monkey?

I managed to squeeze in one last diecut from my watercolor panel.  Of course, I still had rainbows on the brain so made a whimsical card with a floating monkey.  A floating monkey.  Can the world get any more topsy turvy?


I drew in the balloon strings prior to embossing then attached the sentiment and monkey.  Reminds me of a parade balloon (where a monkey would not be out of place, thank you very  much!).  In retrospect, I do wish I had tried hanging the monkey from his tail

The Details:  Lawn Fawn Thanks die, Mama Elephant Up & Away stamp, Sakura 01 black ink pen, Paper Studio clouds embossing folder, Recollections white 110 lb cardstock, Distress Inks, Glossy Accents, Spectrum Noirs, mystery card base from stash, Gansai Tambi watercolors

I'm entering this in AAA Cards #23 Watercolors, Virginia's View #8 CAS, Simon Says Wednesday Watercolors, Addicted to Stamps & More #116 Anything Goes



9 comments:

  1. Toni, I love your watercolored letters! Thanks for showing your artwork at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Toni! Beautiful coloring and your monkey is adorable!
    So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love the bright burst of color against that white background! Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute monkey and you've coloured him beautifully. Loving the bright sentiment and all that lovely white space too. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cute cheeky monkey and the bright cheery sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable. Your monkey is the cutest little thing! The "balloon" sentiment is such a great idea - and watercolored, too! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card and love how you made the sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the rainbow sentiment on the white embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DARLING design! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!