Monday, August 4, 2014

Chubby Chums Go Back to School

 
I am still so loving Chubby Chums (I'm not fat--I'm big-boned!).  These cards are going to two sisters as they head back to school so I wanted them to be alike enough to reduce competition but different enough to be uniquely her own.

For each card I used painter's tape to create a frame before sponging.  For the hills I cut a curve in a piece of scrap and sponged away.  Next, I took a Spellbinders scalloped circle die and cut out a make shift cloud mask to sponge the clouds.

For the bird card, I wanted a very fresh, clean and girly look so I chose to emboss the bird and Hero Arts sentiment in white.  I was very pleased the sentiment remained easy to read.  I colored the bird in Spectrum Noirs and fussy cut it out, lopping off the bow on its head and using twine for that instead.  I then mounted the bird on a branch cut out of scrap.

I wanted an edgier look for the dog card so used Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder for the dog.  I then colored him in a bright purple and gave him some brindling with white speckles.  I wanted the sentiment to pop too so used a speech bubble. 


The Details:  PTI white cardstock, Spectrum Noirs (bird: BP1, BP2, CT2, CT4, OR1) (dog: PL2, PL3, IB3), Stampendous Detail White embossing powder, Hampton Art clear embossing powder, VersaFine, VersaMark, Memory Box branch die, Hero Arts MX261 sentiment, Paper Smooches Chubby Chums, foam tape, baker's twine (white strand only), Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Memento Pear Tart, mask made from Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die, Marianne fence die, Penny Black speech bubble die, Sakura white pigment pen

I'm entering these in Paper Smooches Anything Goes, Hero Arts One Layer, Fab 'n' Funky Walk on the Wild Side, Time Out #11 Celebrations, Penny Black Anything Goes  

11 comments:

  1. Two fantastic cards. Loved reading about your process and what a gorgeous card each turned out to be! Thanks so much for joining our Fab 'n' Funky 'Walk on the Wildside' challenge. Hope we'll see more of your gorgeous work in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be fighting ove purple and pink!! The masking here is really good, I love the rolling clouds. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two awesome bright & cheerful cards. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toni, just wanted to say 'Congratulations' on being inducted into the 'Wall of Fame' at ATSM. Talk about a fantastic surprise, my husband wondered what I was squealing at (although I was worried they had chosen my name by mistake.....). Your cards are amazing and you totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you, Toni, on being inducted into the ATSM Wall of Fame! Well deserved! And a huge THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment about my epic fail of stenciled 'stripes'...I so appreciate that you liked the 'splodges' and butterflies. Your card here, and the others (went for a wander...WOW!), are absolutely fabulous! These two PS critters are going to make the sisters incredibly happy, as they have me! Charming and so fun!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute and fun..love the sponging on the first one....great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sky looks awesome!! Love the pink bird! I hear ya on wanting to keep competition down. I have 5 kids...anything to reduce the drams is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards,
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant cards, i just love the scenery backdrop you made for these cute characters :0)
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at PS Sparks x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I've just bought this set ... great inspiration
    BUT these are simply too cute to improve on.
    Love them both equally
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these chubby chums! Adorable! Great backgrounds too. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!