Monday, April 21, 2014

Eek!

I'm guest designing over at House of Cards' April Challenge Part 2 which is a sketch in either CAS or Classic/Elegant styles.  I created the plain white version originally and made many iterations of the color scheme.  Notice how I placed the "eek!" beneath the larger monster to draw the eye; this allowed me to one-layer the sketch rather than use a mat or something like that.  I love the punny sentiment; puns always make me smile.

Anyway, I had the card on my desk the other day and promptly dropped the lid of my inkpad smack dab on it.  @#*$%!    No way to cover that up so I did it a few more times to create my own background.  I rather like the second version better.  What do you think?

The Details:  Crafter's Companion white cardstock, Pop Tone Black Licorice cardstock, Spectrum Noirs, Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog, printed the interior sentiment on my computer, Technique Tuesday Monsters Ink stamps

I'm entering this in Less is More #168 Makes Me Smile!, Crafting Cafe One for the Boys, Simon Says Wednesday Animal Antics, Seize the Birthday without topping


13 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love that you "saved" your card after the ink cover dropping onto it. Now it looks like a fun, funky background!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Toni :-) I love this !! the whole 'afraid' theme is adorable ! I have just made a card using this set too ,, isn't it a great set ! haha, so funny ;-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save on the dropped ink pad - I love a bit of grunge on backgrounds and the grunge works really well with your little monster theme. Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun little critters! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, love the sentiment inside linked to the EEK!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is simply fabulous, friend! I LOVE those cute monsters! Thanks for being such an amazing GDT for use this month at HOC! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun card! I love the little images & your sentiment is just fab!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really fun card! Perfect for our One For The Boys challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does make you smile doesn't it Toni!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to make lemonade out of lemons! I do like the first CAS version better, but still, a great save.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, fun, cute but hillarious - wish I had that image. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome at House of Cards Toni.
    Your card makes me die laughing! It is really too funny. I do not know if you say so in English, but here in France we do.
    Hugs Rosi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!