Friday, January 17, 2014

Revived Technique

It has been a coon's age since I used my watercolor pencils.  Fun!  This weekend I plan to try coloring on kraft using the pencils.  As pencils, not watercolor, as I'll be using regular card stock.  Does kraft watercolor paper exist? 

The Details:  Penny Black Blooming Garden, Hero Arts Everyday Sayings, Aquarelle watercolor paper, Memento Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black, Environment Green Tea cover stock, Derwent watercolor pencils, trim from sewing stash, My Mind's Eye "My Favorite Things" 6x6 paper, Cuttlebug embossing folder


I'm entering this in Whoopsi Daisy Favorite Color Combo (muted orange), Incy Wincy Designs Add Texture, Simon Wednesday Challenge Emboss It, Tuesday Throwdown #178 Stripes, Without Words Spots and/or Stripes, and CAS(E) this Sketch! #60.

9 comments:

  1. beautiful, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again and good luck ... Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card loving the stripes - ty for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen kraft watercolor paper. That would be cool though! Love this card. I'm partial to poppies and the vibrancy you achieved is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen kraft water-colour paper either but it would open up a lot of possibilities. Great layering and great use of texture. Thanks for joining the texture challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! This is fantabulous! I hope to see this in my mailbox soon as I miss my sissy. Hand delivered would even be better...smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty! The lace is the perfect finishing touch! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation such beautiful poppies :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!