Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Heart Vespas

Vespas are ever so cute, aren't they?  Like shrink it down and carry it your purse cute.  Augh! 

For this card, I went in a totally different direction than I intended.  Love that.  I still have the other idea rolling in my head so it's like I got 2 cards for the idea of one.  Hee hee--rolling.   When I saw the new Curtain Call challenge I wanted to do two things:  1) play with the word smitten (I'm thinking of giving this to my boyfriend who I am still smitten with after all these years) and the colors of the inspiration photo and 2) pull out my knitting and make a hat.  The fair isle technique pictured is my favorite. 

Ha!  I knew I had a pic of my favorite toddler hat creation called Jest.  I plan to offer this one for sale some day.  I don't use a pattern when I knit my hats so writing up my patterns can be a chore (I also don't take many notes).  I love making them up as I go.  Just like card making!


The Details:  PTI white card stock, Pop Tone Gumdrop Green solid card stock, DCWV White Ginger 12x12 designer paper, Memento Love Letter and Rose Bud, black Sharpie, Heidi Swapp stencil, Stampabilities sentiment, MFT You Move Me scooter

I'm entering this in Sentimental Sundays #187 Pick a Previous Challenge (Love is in the Air), Curtain Call SmittenLess is More #151 Any Past Challenge (#133 Round & Round), and Keep It Simple #30 Anything Goes.

4 comments:

  1. Swoon, just saw your card on curtain call and had to tell you how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year.. This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at Sentimental Sundays..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card. The pinks and greens are so bright and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's great... Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    smiles
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!