Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to Ewe


I learned a thing or two with this card.  First, my grass die wasn't as long as I wanted so I cut 3/4 of it as usual then repositioned my die further down and ran it through the machine in the opposite direction, again only cutting 3/4.  The two ends overlapped in the middle and I had the perfect size.

I also learned that when you put down glossy accents as a glossy accent, it's probably best to wait for it to dry naturally.  I was impatient so used my heat gun which made it get all gnarly.  Another coat, air-dried, and I ended up with a crackle/bubble finish.

And finally, plus the most exciting, my Copic airbrush system arrived and I promptly airbrushed grass and clouds.  The grass is done using my only Copic marker (YG61) and the sky is done with Spectrum Noir IB2.  Spectrum Noir markers are fatter than Copics so I carefully unscrewed the airgrip a bit  to allow it to expand about 3/16" in diameter to accommodate the larger barrel.

The Details:  My Mind's Eye "My Favorite Things" 6x6 paper, PTI white and kraft card stock, Bazzill dark gray and pumpkin card stock, Recollections Animal Farm stamp, Marianne grass die, Cameo for the 2, Copic YG61, Spectrum Noirs, Cuttlebug embossing folder

I'm entering this in Seize the Birthday with Numbers, Sketch Saturday #292, Try it on Tuesday In with the New, Fab 'n' Funky #198 Let's Celebrate, Addicted to Stamps & More! #77 Make Your Mark, and Make My Monday Embossing.

10 comments:

  1. I love this cute card - thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute card...that little lamb is just darling. Thank you for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni. Great creativity in cutting your grass! Lovely card. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely cute card - very cleverly made too - thanks for playing along this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real sweet, cute card. Thank you for joining us at TioT''s this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grass is perfect and your coloring is wonderful - cute card! I wish I had the airbrush system - tiny bit envious right now :o) Thanks for joining us this week (x2) at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this! Great card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, love this. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute, Toni! Love the papers and adorable image! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, love the airbrushed background and the grass! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!