Sunday, September 22, 2013

Think pink

In the process of making a card for my niece who is fighting ACC, a type of rare cancer, I realized my older sister could also use a pick-me-up.  I know it's not been easy for either of them.  I wanted a card that would be soothing to look at as well as remind her it's okay not to be superwoman 24-7.  So a little pinky melon and other calming garden colors with natural fibers and there you have it.  Take good care, sis.

To give me a little card-crafting mojo, I took a tour of blogland and ran across a couple of challenges, the Simon Says Sketch Saturday Challenge #276 from last week (I'm going to enter this is the Simon Wednesday Challenge instead) and still current Muse Challenge #35.  I riffed on the SSS sketch and was inspired by the colors and the nature of the encouraging sentiment on the Muse inspiration card. 

The Details:   Spellbinders oval die, PTI sentiment, 7 Gypsies stamps ("you"), hemp, My Moments paper flower, Colorbok epoxy butterfly, Recollections brads, unknown papers (6x6 sheets gifted from my kid sis), foam dots, Scor-tape, Fiskars corner rounder


2 comments:

  1. Love the classic feel of your take on this week's Muse - your sister will appreciate being remembered - cancer is hard on everyone involved. Prayers for your family! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! sure to comfort and uplift your sister.. my prayers are with her and your niece. :) This week's challenge is to use a product available in the Simon Says Stamp superstore... so if any of your items used can be found at Simon, be sure to mention it in your blog post so you can be eligible for the random prize draw! :) And thanks for playing along in our challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!