Monday, September 23, 2013

Hexagon love continues

 
I was cleaning up my craft space--okay, "cleaning" is too strong a word--clearing an opening is more accurate--when I ran across the PTI hexagon stamps I used a few days ago.  Of course, I got sidetracked and started playing around.  Happy country girl sigh.  There is just something so nostalgic for me with this card--mini patterned hexagons, cheesecloth, crochet thread, even the ol' red, white and blue.  I also enjoyed letting my inner child run amok splattering ink everywhere.  Whee!

I'll be entering this in the Less is More Felt or Fabric Challenge 138 as well as the current Seize the Birthday Challenge.

The Details:
Memento Danube Blue and Bahama Blue, PTI hexagon and Happy Birthday stamps, PTI white cardstock, red cardstock from my old stash, mystery button, crochet thread from my doily-making stash, cheesecloth from my kitchen

Currently listening to Duck Sauce.

10 comments:

  1. "Clearing an opening" - I can totally relate! This is one of the best hexagon cards I've seen. Great colors. Love the splatters. And plenty of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Clearing an opening" - I can totally relate! This is one of the best hexagon cards I've seen. Great colors. Love the splatters. And plenty of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Now you mention it, it does have a nostalgic feel to it - I love the hexagons and the splatters, oh and the red button - all of it really! I always intend to 'clean up' i.e. clear a space large enough to work in and end up sidetracked - I think it's the creativity in us! It clearly isn't a bad thing because look what you came up with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Toni! I love the colours and the hexagons are fab! :)
    Lizy x (LIM GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and perfect! I love the hexagon flower with the strong red button center. Fabulous inked background! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, "clearing an opening"! I need to do the same, but this way no one can come in and bug me. lol Your card is so pretty and vintage. Very nice. Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! Beautiful. I love hexagons.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly loving that hexagon stamps! Great colour combo, too.
    Thank you for sharing this with us over at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    Cheers,
    DT Jenny
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love the bright blues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really sorry I'm so behind the times in commenting on this fab card.
    It's really super.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!